Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ornage, orange, ORANGE

Lately, our home has been filled with practice, practice, practice.  Jaren has been working towards obtaining his orange belt in karate, and Carter has been practicing for the music festival this week.  As you can see below, The hours of practice paid off!  Jaren was super excited to get this new belt (honestly, I think I was just as excited). 

For months now, Jaren has been asking for sparring weapons and I told him, that he could probably get some when he got his orange belt.  So, one night at karate, mom "sneakily" purchased these "weapons" or fighting sticks.  They were hidden in my closet for a LONG time and I could hardly stand it.  I wanted him to earn his orange belt AND I wanted him to have his sticks!  Then, one day after karate he told me that he couldn't wait to pick out his own weapons.  Not only was he excited to choose specific fighting sticks, but he also wanted to see the room where all these fabulous weapons were kept.  OOOPS!  Now what?  Do I take them back and let him pick out his own?  Well, I decided to keep them and then, if he wanted to, let him trade them in.  So, last Monday, Sensei G told Jaren he needed to be ready to test on Wednesday.  And, ready he was!  He rocked his katas and now, here is our not so little ORANGE belt!


2 comments:

JRoberts said...

Congrats to your (not so) little man. It is a wonderful thing to work hard and achieve something like that.

The Halladay Family said...

Congrats Jaren, you look good in orange! Go easy on Nate when you use your new sticks on him, in April.