Sunday, March 27, 2011

Planning

At our house, we have always been filled with April Foolery.  The boys have come to love (and expect) their mom to play tricks on them! Then, seven years ago, this April, we were blessed with our own April Fools Surprise!  TYLER!  Now, it is an extra special day!  Last year, at his party, I surprised Tyler with a pizza cake - complete with pizza box and everything!  He loved it!  Especially since we had pizza for the party too!  It was funny when we asked the kids if they wanted more pizza, but it was really cake!
This year, Tyler wanted some more cake trickery!  After a long search, I think we have come up with the idea.  A couple of years ago (or maybe it was just last year - I have a bad memory), I made a hamburger cake for Jaren.  It was a large burger - about the size of an 8x8 pan.  So, from this, Tyler (with help from Carter) decided that it would be fun to make multiple, smaller, burger cakes.  Great idea.  This was one of the easiest cakes I have made, so hopefully, the smaller, regular sized burger cakes will be the same!  As for tricks on the boys, well, I haven't nailed those down yet.  It seems like I have played a whole lot of food pranks and I might be doing something a little different this year.  We shall see.  I will share it on the blog after this festive day is over!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Mindy! I LOVE this idea! I have played some food pranks on Griff... like dying salt water orange and pretending it was orange juice. But I think he might deserve a yummy food prank. How did you do that pizza? or the burgers? I am dying to do this! WOuld you email me if you have time? malindachristensen@gmail.com