Sunday, August 22, 2010

U 14 Soccer


So I was trying to clean out my ever mounting, truly enormous, yahoo inbox, when I found Kayden's soccer team photo.  OOOPS!  Yep, they played their last game almost two months ago and here I am blogging now.  Better late than never, I suppose. 

This was Kayden's first year in U 14 and he was the youngest player on his team (as usual).  The season started a little rough for Kayden as he really didn't grasp his coach's style of coaching.  Once Lindsey sat down and talked to him - basically telling him that the coach wasn't picking on him, but that he was truly trying to help Kayden improve, things went a lot smoother.  Kayden improved a ton and his coach was super happy with his performance.  I even heard the word "superb" a few times (when referring to Kayden's moves on the field).  It just goes to show that when we seek first to understand, things go so much better!  Thanks Kayden (and Coach Seamus) for a great year of soccer.

2 comments:

The Halladay Family said...

I have not checked your blog in awhile, and I am sorry. There are so many new posts. I love the pics of Wes and I, the boys on the branch, the frog, well all of your pics are super cute. We miss you guys and although we are looking at houses down here, we wish we were looking up there. Love you
Steph

Kimara said...

I would love to have London take up soccor...not successful so far. I haven't heard from you on my blog forever...mad?