Friday, August 20, 2010

Floating Down the St Marys

Kayend and Jaren prepping to float down the St Mary's River
Tyler doing the mini ride down the river.  The first time, he just jumped on the tube and started floating - no concern for how/when he would get off.  After a short talk with Dad, he realized that he may need help on his floating adventure.
Tyler - post floating trip.  Tyler was very lucky that his super big bro Kayden waited for him to float down the river, caught him, then brought him to shore (not sure how many times).
Daddio (aka Lindsey) enjoying the cool river water.
Jaren and his dinghy mate having a blast.
Kayden and I (and a Cook family friend) enjoying the ride.

So, when we were camping with Shawn and Pam, we were fortunate enough to be able to float down the river on rafts, dinghies, or whatever we had available.  Shawn and his dad drove a big group of us up to the ranch house to begin our journey.  Lindsey and I were the adults in charge (scary thought) and there were about 6 kids with us.  The water was not very high, which was good and bad.  Good because it made it less scary, but bad because I scraped my feet.  A lot.  My purple toe nails were not so purple after.  In fact, they looked like I had taken a belt sander to them.  Anyway, FUN.  That is was!  It was relaxing and exciting and full of wonder.  Okay, maybe that was a little much.  Anyway, some of the kids were able to go for a second time too.  Not me.  I'm too old for that.
Thanks for making it such a great time Cooks!

No comments: