Friday, January 7, 2011

Sisters




You know, I love to blog. For a long time, I resisted the blogger inside me, but a couple of years ago, I finally gave in. After 'creeping' on several friend's blogs, I decided to give it a try. Now, I am hoping to blog more regularly and to make it like my journal (thanks Amy H).

So, now for the picture. This is me and my sis - many, many years ago. We are cute, huh? You can really tell that Jaren belongs to me when you see me in my younger days. Anyway, I have been thinking about my sis a lot lately. She is going to have her first baby in a couple of short weeks.   My sister is a year older than I am, but got married later in life, so now they are taking the exciting leap into parenthood!  I am super excited for her and her awesome hubby. They are going to be fantabulous parents! 

This new addition to the Turner family makes me think more about the family that I came from.  We are so spread out, which makes it very difficult for us to get together often.  I know that we spend way more time with Lindsey's family, and while I love them (and love spending time with them),  I wish my family could be closer too.  This year, I hope to spend more time talking and possibly even getting to see my family.  Now, I just need to save some $$$...





2 comments:

JRoberts said...

I print off each months posts and put them all in a binder. I call it my journal. Sometimes I sit down and just page through and read various posts...my boys do it too.

I think it is wonderful to have a blog as a record of your daily life, your concerns, your loves...what better way to journal?!

BTW, I can totally tell where your kids get their looks! Always thought they were more Halladay...but turns out they look just like their Momma!

Jodi said...

You couldn't have found a picture in which we looked like sisters, and not brothers, with our weird, short, post-Hawaii haircuts?