Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas morning TRADITION! That's right! Line up from youngest to oldest to go and get the first glimpse of Christmas surprises!


All four little dudes checking out what the man in red brought them in their stockings.




It takes all three to open this one!



Kayden, all smiles, playing a new Wii game with Daddio...


Building one of the MANY legos sets that were received this Christmas (I have never built SO much lego in my entire life).


Jaren watching Dad and Kayden play some Wii game - probably Madden 09 - it was a real hit!



Opening a star wars transformer... We love star wars at our house!



Carter loving his new lego set. Thanks for your help building it DAD!


Checking out the goods!


I loved Tyler's many expressions on Christmas morning (or anytime, for that matter)...



See what I mean!



It was a fabulous day. Everyone loved giving and receiving their gifts. I loved it when Carter pointed out how he knew that everyone took special care to pick out their gifts. I love my sweet little boys!!
After opening all our gifts, we had a yummy Christmas breakfast, built a ton of lego, played outside and then ate a delicious Christmas dinner.
Boxing day, we had our usual fondue night. It is a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun too! My favorite is the cheese fondue. Just give me the pot with the cheese fondue in it and a bowl of bread and I'm good to go! The boys had a hoot with the chocolate fountain that Val got for Christmas! I'm sure Tyler had more chocolate on his face than he did in his mouth!
Finally, our last tradition, is the seafood night on the 27th. Grampa always treats us to crab and other seafood fare on this night. Most of the adults, like the crab, while the kids (and me) go for the shrimp - raw - or cold, I guess for Jaren and cooked for the rest of us!
I love having all these family traditions! It makes the holidays so much fun and they don't seem to fly by as fast!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you had a fun and busy Christmas too! We are big Star Wars fans at our house, also. We borrowed the Wii Star Wars Clone Wars light sabre game from Blockbuster over Christmas, the kids loved it. I loved that it had them up and moving!

The Halladay Family said...

We wish we were there. Nate says there is an open invitation to Florida to make up for it.
Steph

Mindy said...

It looks like you had such a fun christmas!