Wednesday, September 8, 2010

thinking

Lately I have been thinking how quickly time flies.  Like, take for instance, this picture of my baby.  Well, he doesn't look like that anymore.  No more chubby cheeks and little brown curls (although his face still looks like that very often).  He is now six years old and a genuine first grader.  He loves coming home with a green apple - which means he had a good day.

 So, back to the reflecting.....I wonder if I truly appreciate and enjoy the stages that my boys go through.  I wonder if I enjoy my boys like I should or if I am too busy being busy.   I am pretty sure that I don't.  I have had some time to think lately and I know that something has got to change.  I don't want to just fly through life without enjoying anything.  I don't want to be at the end, wondering if I could have done more.

The other night, Lindsey asked me if I had any regrets.  I don't think I do (that is what I told him too).  But, I don't ever want to either.  I want to try my best and live my life in a way that I will never think, if only....

2 comments:

JRoberts said...

Amen! And what more could you ask for really? To live your life without regrets. What a wonderful thing to do...now we just need to do it. :)

Thanks for this post...made me think about my life as well.

Jan S said...

I liked your "reflection", Mindy. When Erin was in 4th grade, I had to go back to work for financial reasons. I have always felt I missed out on so much in those years when she was still so little. You can't get time back. It's cool that you have the insight to see how precious these years are before it is too late. I think you are a fabulous mother! Love, Aunt Jan