Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Hunt

This year we stayed in MH for Easter and it seems that here, the Easter Bunny likes to hide the eggs outside! What a treat! The boys loved looking for the eggs outside at Grama's house. Carter even found chocolate milk. What a great thing for the EB to leave for us. A yummy breakfast treat!



Kayden forgot to bring his hoodie out to Grama's house, so he sported her coat instead. He totally hammed it up for the camera!


The loot - all gathered and divided up!



Tyler playing with his new bubbles that he got for Easter. They worked SO well and the windy day helped too!




OOPS! Shirtless Kayden trying out some bubbles!




After the treat gathering was done and breakfast nearly ready, I tried to coax Tyler inside. I reminded him that it was Sunday and that we had to get ready for church. He was not at all impressed with that - so we had a little conversation about the real meaning of Easter. I reminded him that Easter is not just about the bunnies, the eggs and the candies. It is about our Saviour, Jesus Christ and without Him, we would have no reason to celebrate. He is the reason that we are here, and through him, we can be made perfect. I am so grateful for my Saviour and for all that he has done for me. I know that he lives and I am grateful to be able to teach my children about His life, His death and His mission. I am so grateful that He made it possible for us to have an Eternal Family.




No comments: