Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday TYLER!

I can hardly believe that my BABY is FIVE! It seems like just yesterday Lindsey and I were driving to the hospital and trying to come up with a name for this latest addition to our family!

Tyler was most appropriately born on April Fools Day as he is the comic relief in our family! He adds so many smiles and so much laughter to my life - I am truly blessed to be called his mom!

This year, Tyler decided to have a dino themed party. Not a surprise to many as he is rather obsessed with dinosaurs (just like Kayden was when he was little). So, having had a previous child who loved dinos for many years, I felt like I had exhausted all the dino shape cakes that I had come across. Then, I came across this one in my Family Fun magazine. I absolutely LOVE Family Fun (if you have never been to their website, check it out at http://familyfun.go.com). It was so easy to make a big hit with the kids!



Tasty cake and ice cream!



The whole gang!
OOPS! I almost forgot to say what we did for the party! When the kids arrived I had a bin full of dino stuff for them to play with (not hard to come up with at our house). Then, we came to the table for a craft - craft foam dino masks. I had all the pieces pre-cut and they just had to glue stuff on and put on a string and voila! Next, it was outside for a dino dig! By far, the HIT of the party! I had Jaren help me bury dino bones (wooden ones that I bought at Michaels) and some mini dinos that I bought at the $ store. Each child had their own shovel and paint brush to clean off the things that they found. They also had a good sized plastic egg to put their "treasures" in. After cleaning up from that, we had our cake and presents and then finished the party off by having a dino egg pinata! Instead of hitting it, we kicked it around like a soccer ball! It was a lot of fun and a lot less scary (I am always afraid someone is going to get hit with the broom handle when we do it the traditional way). All, in all it was a great party! In fact, Carter said it was the best party he has ever been too! Hooray for MOM!


No comments: