Saturday, April 18, 2009

April FOOLS! After years of playing tricks on them, my boys have come to love April Fool's day. I will admit though, it is getting harder and harder to trick them! This year, for breakfast, we had angel food "toast." That is, I made angel food cake in a loaf pan, toasted it lightly in the toaster oven and then put Grama's strawberry jam on it. I don't think anyone was fooled by this one, but they still thought it was fun!

April 1st is also Tyler's birthday, so in the spirit of trickery, Lindsey decided to give Tyler a "trick" b-day gift. For all of you that know Tyler, he is very ANTI girl (even though one of his best friends is a girl). So, with my help, Daddio presented Tyler with his first birthday present of the year. As you can see by his face, he was less than impressed. I love his little scowl! Ah, now here is a much more suitable gift. A pirate ship pool! He can hardly wait for summer now!

Tyler opening his card from Wes. He loved it! And he loved the dino book too! Thanks Auntie Steph, Uncle Naif and Wes!








1 comment:

The Halladay Family said...

I am glad that Tyler liked his present. I forgot that we sent it, it takes stuff so long to get there, I am always worried about sending it too late. Anyway I am glad that the gift fit in to the whole dino theme. It is such a cute idea.
Steph