Monday, September 1, 2008

Writing on Stone Provincial Park

Well, this birthday girl decided it would be fun to take the Halladays and go camping for a few days in Writing on Stone. Nate, Steph and Wes were up from Utah and Grama and Grampa had time off, so we hopped in our trailer and took a roller coaster ride there. I haven't been there in years (like at least 10), so I didn't remember how hilly it is and wow, was I glad that Grampa was driving (with the trailer) and NOT me!


We got there late in the evening, found a spot and the fun began! After we ate, the boys laid out on the trailer mat and looked up at the stars! It was the cutest thing to see the little boys gazing up at the sky. The pictures that I took do not do it justice.
For the next two days, it was all about the climbing. We went to the Interpretive Centre one day, but those little dudes could not get enough of the hoodoos. Am I raising a bunch of boys or what? I love how cloudy it was - for more reason than one! It made it cool for climbing and made the pictures "cool" as well. In this next pic Carter, Jaren, Nate and Wes are posing for me!





I love this shape of the hoodoo or whatever you want to call it. What an amazing place!

Three amigos and Kayden hamming it up! Ahhh... I'm going to fall. That kid has NO fear - seriously. He climbed everything and anything.

Awww....I scraped my hand while I was climbing - can't you tell by my face?


Carter and Tyler pretending to be dinosaurs on top of "pride rock."
Kayden and his brave mom climbed into this cool cave. Climbing up - pretty easy - getting down, well that was a bit trickier!


1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--that place looks so cool!! The rocks are amazing. You have got us really wanting a camper--our boys would love it! Cute pics!