Friday, May 1, 2009

Still Nothing

So, I am ususally all about the posting of pics on my blog, but this time, it's just words. Lindsey has been out of work for two months now and things are starting to get a little tight around here. We aren't starving yet, but it may happen soon (just kidding Val). Anyway, I watched Dr Phil the other day (no, I don't normally watch it, but it was on Making Money) and they sugested that one of the MOST important things to do when you are looking for a job is to network. That is, tell absolutely everyone you know that you are looking - so here goes. Lindsey is looking for a job. He is journeyman electrician, but also seems to be a jack of all trades. At first, we didn't want to move (well, we still don't, but you do what you have to), but we just can't find a job here in MH. I am thinking about working more too. Right now I only work two mornings a week whileTyler is in school, but he will be going to school full time in the fall. Anyway, I took envi science in school, but also have a ton of experience working with kids (had a day home, worked with kids in primary, volunteered at the school). So, if anyone hears of anything, let us know, PLEASE. Thanks so much for being such great friends/family!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man Mindy, I hope this all works out for your family soon, it's so rotten. I wish I was in the know for job opportunities. Aubey did quit Corona Electric/Bridge Pump and Machinery, so technically there's an opening LOL. Can he do panel control work, pumps? Just kidding. I know Lindsey didn't like it there, and I have no idea if they're hiring or not. You're in my thoughts. And thank you so much for your comments on my blog. When a person is down in the dumps (not so much lately, but last weekend was tough) it's nice to hear people care.

JRoberts said...

This is not really very fun. I am sorry. We will keep our ears open...Perry is in businesses all the time, I will see what he can hear. Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do for you...I really mean it.

Kimara said...

Mindy. I am so sorry that you guys have to go through this trying time right now. I will keep my ears open. I will tell Sean as well as he is in the same business. I know something good will come out of this. I hate the trial but I always love the blessings that follow. Hey I just got my year supply good...so if you want any yummies let me know I would love to help! I will keep you in my prayers

JRoberts said...

hey...too lazy to look up your email. Perry is subbing like crazy at the News. If Lyndsay wants routs, he can ask the district managers and they can give him a few routs. If he lets them know that he is available, then he can get a few of them, not just one.

Also tax free...you can also be on EI at the same time.

Just a thought.

The Halladay Family said...

I wish we could help you,outside of prayer, but I do think this blog posting is a good idea. We think of you guys all the time, and Wes has starting praying for Uncle Linds in his prayers. That has got to do something. Oh, and if you need a food basket sent up to your starving bellies, let us know I can throw something together. Steph