Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jam Pail Bonspiel

Every February in MH (for about the past 40 yrs, or so I hear), they have a jam pail bonspiel for kids in the elementary grades. It is a really fun way to get the kids moving and interested in curling. Going in to it, they don't really have to have any special skills - they kind of just learn as they go. They play three half hour games and no matter what, they get a treat and a ribbon at the end.

Jaren and his friends had a blast playing! They one their first, lost the second and just barely lost the third. It was the best game I have even seen though (not that I have seen too many since this is only our 2nd year involved.) The circle was full of rocks, then the other team knocked them out - then that happened again for the our team. It was a tight game, but their 4th grade counterparts beat them out! Argh! Those stinkin fourth graders (Jaren is only in grade 3)!

But, like I said, good times were had by all!





2 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks so fun. I have to admit, I have always wanted to try curling. At least I get to live vicariously through you guys! :)

The Halladay Family said...

Wes and I checked the blog today, and he loved looking at pictures of his cousins. I should check it more often, it is really fun to see the boys. Curling does look like fun. We used to watch CBC when we lived in MI and the women were pretty hard core about the whole game.
Steph